The 2020 theme:
Each person with pain is entirely unique – which means his or her treatment plan should be, too. We choose this year’s theme because we believe in the vital importance of an individualized, multidisciplinary, multimodal approach to pain care.
The mission of U.S. Pain Foundation is to educate, empower, connect, and advocate for people living with chronic conditions that cause pain. As a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those who live with painful conditions and their care providers, U.S. Pain helps individuals find resources and inspiration. Learn more.
Questions or comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do we need awareness?
- 50 million Americans live with chronic pain.
- Of that number, 20 million live with high-impact chronic pain, or pain that significantly limits daily activities.
- Pain costs the United States an estimated $635 billion a year in terms of lost productivity and medical costs.
- Pain is the number one reason Americans visit the doctor.
- Pain is the leading cause of long-term disability in adults.