Creating change starts with sharing stories.
Pain is silent. But you don’t have to be! In honor of Pain Awareness Month, U.S. Pain Foundation is asking chronic pain warriors to submit 3-5 minute videos sharing their personal pain journey stories. Talking about pain is the only way we can create awareness and change.
Share your video story by August 14
A handful of stories will be selected to be featured on U.S. Pain Foundation’s social media platforms during Pain Awareness Month. Your story will help make others with pain feel less alone–and help raise public awareness. The videos will be edited slightly for length and consistency.
Receive a gift and be entered to win
Whether or not your video is selected to be shared, everyone who submits a video by August 9 will:
1. Receive a special edition 2019 Pain Awareness Month bracelet and U.S. Pain Foundation’s “Living with Pain” guidebook.
2. Be entered to win a prize pack valued at $325, including an ENSO pain relief device; two books on chronic pain; and U.S. Pain Foundation gear.
What should I talk about?
Remember, you only have five minutes! It may take a few practice rounds to get your story under the time limit.
- Introduce yourself. Tell us your name, where you live, your age (if you want!) and what you do. (Do you work? Do you volunteer? Are you disabled, and focus on your health primarily?)
- Talk about how pain affects you. Some questions to consider: What conditions do you live with? How were you diagnosed? How does pain affect your life? Are there things you can’t do anymore because of pain? How do you currently manage your pain? What works best for you?
- Tell us why awareness matters to you. Why does creating awareness about chronic pain matter? What do you wish the public knew about pain? How do you raise awareness?
- Videos should be 3-5 minutes long.
- Make sure the video recording is horizontal.
- Use a tripod or other stable surface to avoid shakiness.
- Limit background noise. (Close windows, turn off TV/radio, etc.)
How to share your video
- Review the full video guidelines by clicking here.
- Record your 3-5 minute video. Use our tips as a guide.
- Submit your video through the button/form below by Aug. 14.
- We will notify you via email if you are chosen to be featured.
- Beginning Sept. 1, video stories will be featured on U.S. Pain Foundation platforms.
- Everyone will be mailed a Pain Awareness Month special edition bracelet
and our new “Living with Pain” guidebook… and be entered to win the grand prize.
Questions? Email us.